Industry Statistics Report Summary 2017

The Canadian Annual Industry Statistics Report Summary

From MMIC and COHV

January 1st, 2017 to December 31st, 2017

Download Our Annual Industry Report – 2017English-2017-Industry-Report-Graphic-COHVRetail ATV New Unit Sales 2013-2017
Over one hundred and nine thousand new units of motorcycles, scooters and OHVs plus parts and accessories were sold during 2017 at an estimated retail value of one billion, five hundred and eighty two million dollars ($ 1,581,645,000 ). Motorcycles and scooters accounted for 56.42% of total new units sold, while OHVs made up the remaining 43.58%. By dollar value, new motorcycle sales accounted for 54.42% of the total retail value of sales and new OHV sales accounted for 45.58% of the total retail value of new unit sales. In 2017, 70.98% of new motorcycle and scooter retail sales occurred in the spring and summer from April to September inclusive, and 29.02% in the fall and winter combined. New retail sales for OHVs in 2017 were 61.85% in the spring and summer from April to September inclusive, and 38.15% in the fall and winter combined.
Statistical Inquiries:
Download the summary:
Media Inquiries:
Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail